Pasatiempo Estates is a community located in Santa Cruz, California.
The Pasatiempo Homeowner Association wanted to create a modern, easy-to-maintain website for homeowners to find answers to frequently asked questions, to view/download documents and forms and to stay up-to-date with the latest community news. After researching different website platforms, some specifically geared towards homeowner associations, ZapTuba recommended that the HOA consider Squarespace, a web-hosting service with an integrated website builder and management tools. Squarespace had the best balance of functionality and style. Working with Board Members and the property manager, ZapTuba guided the collection & curation of the content, organized the content, and set up the website on Squarespace.
- Squarespace website setup
- Managed the project by setting up
- Squarespace website customization
- Logo design
Living up to her tagline “more than meets the eye”, Liz Crain is a ceramic artist, who specializes in knitted porcelains. Liz is best known for her vessel forms that look like vintage cans.
Back in 2015, ZapTuba built and delivered a completely new website for Liz Crain Ceramics to showcase her “more than meets the eye” ceramic work and to establish an online shop for a selection of her work (for details about the original 2015 project and subsequent updates, click HERE.)
In 2018, we decided to retire Liz’s parent theme as it had not been actively maintained by its developer and was becoming more and more obsolete as WordPress and WooCommerce marched on with major updates and advances. ZapTuba created a custom Storefront child theme for maximum compatibility with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce.
- customize the look & feel using a combination of a custom responsive child theme and the customization options offered by the WooCommerce parent theme, Storefront
- integrate all applicable customizations from Liz’s previous child theme into the new child theme, adapting the customizations to the new parent theme infrastructure as needed
- ongoing website content updates and maintenance; debug and fix legacy (pre-ZapTuba) issues
- design and prepare production files for collateral marketing & print material
- manage web hosting and domain registration migration/services
- implement measures for GDPR and CCPA compliance
11.2018, updated 4.2021
Michael Cinque is a photographer specializing in street photography, capturing life’s everyday events which most people pass by without noticing.
Having established his collections of photographs on SmugMug, Michael wanted a stylized unobtrusive online gallery to showcase his photographs. Â The result is a modern, minimalist online portfolio of Michael’s photographs.
- logo design
- website customization using HTML & CSS within the new SmugMug framework (2013)
- custom Tumblr theme to coincide with the style of the client’s website
- design and manage production of business cards
- ongoing website content updates and maintenance
11.2009, updated 3.2019
Yoko Nakagawa is a certified professional life coach, who specializes in helping those who work in high-tech and startup environments, particularly those in product development and engineering roles.
Yoko wanted an easy-to-maintain, easy-to-update, bilingual (Japanese and English) website to showcase her coaching & consulting business. Since Yoko did not want to spend too much time worrying about the nitty-gritty details of her website (hosting, updating, security, etc.), ZapTuba recommended that she consider a web-hosting service with an integrated website builder and management tools, such as Squarespace and Weebly. After test-driving multiple services, Yoko chose Weebly for their confirmed double-byte support and easy-to-use website management tools. ZapTuba took it from there: setting up Yoko’s website on Weebly, choosing a base theme and then customizing the theme, catering to Yoko’s tastes and needs.
Yoko was also looking for a simple, modern logo to represent her business online and in print. To highlight Yoko’s biculturalism, ZapTuba wanted to design a logo that incorporated both the meaning of Yoko’s name in Japanese and the representation of her name in English. In Japanese, the name Yoko is 葉子. ZapTuba combined the meaning of 葉子 (leaf) and Yoko’s first initial, to design a clean, graphic logo.
- Logo design
- Weebly theme customization
- Content editing and curation
Liz Crain is a ceramic artist, who specializes in vessel forms that look like vintage cans. More recently she has been exploring the joining of other art media (found objects, mixed media and repurposed pieces, even some of her own) with clay.
UPDATE: This theme was retired in 11.2018, click HERE for details on the new theme.
In anticipation of her exhibit 99 bottles of beer on the wall (May 2015 @ Roscoe Ceramic Gallery), showcasing her series of ceramic beer cans, Liz wanted to modernize her website and blog. ZapTuba designed and implemented a modern, clean, responsive website which showcases Liz’s portfolio of “more than meets the eye” ceramic vessels and highlights Liz’s journey with ceramics through her blog.
In October 2015, we premiered the online shop which carry an array of her pieces for sale.
In conjunction with her solo exhibit Games People Play (March 2018 @ Roscoe Ceramic Gallery), we updated her website to include a special section showcasing her series of games, the inspiration behind them, and the history and strategies associated with the games.
- create a logo for use on the website
- customize the look & feel using a combination of a custom child theme and the customization options offered by a third-party WordPress theme chosen by Liz
- implement custom post types catered to the information Liz posts on her website (updated 3.2018)
- integrate WooCommerce to power Liz’s online shop
- curate the contents for the website
- setup and integrate MailChimp & Postmark for email campaigns
- design and prepare production files for collateral marketing print material
4.2015, updated 3.2018
Santa Cruz County Builders is a contractor specializing in residential remodels and client satisfaction.
UPDATE: This website theme is retired.
ZapTuba designed and delivered a website powered by a custom WordPress theme to showcase the craftsmanship of Santa Cruz County Builders and their trusted partners throughout their many years of successful remodeling and construction projects.
- adapt existing logo for use on the website
- custom post types for easy management of testimonials and partners
Camp Gateway is the summer program of Gateway School, an accredited K-8 independent school in Santa Cruz, CA.
UPDATE: This theme was retired in 8.2016, click HERE for details on the latest Camp Gateway website.
Following in the footsteps of Gateway School’s new and improved website, Camp Gateway wanted to modernize the look of their website and also provide an online filterable list of summer classes.
- create an icon for the existing Camp Gateway logo
- custom post types for easy management of summer class data
- custom settings for registration links and status
- filterable list of summer classes by grade, week, and subject
- clean, modern design
3.2012, updated 2.2014
Gateway School is an accredited K-8 independent school in Santa Cruz, CA.
UPDATE: This theme was retired in 8.2016, click HERE for details on the new theme.
Back in 2011, Gateway School was looking to modernize their website, both visually and functionally. ZapTuba was able to design and implement a website that:
- empowers faculty and staff of all technical abilities to actively keep parents and students up to date through class pages and photo galleries
- provides a customized interface for easy management of the school’s online directories and downloadable assets
Since the debut of the new website, ZapTuba has continued to evolve Gateway School’s website adapting it to the changing needs of the school and its staff.
- modernize Gateway’s existing logo for use on the website
- custom WordPress theme featuring extensive implementation of custom shortcodes, post types and taxonomies
- filterable list of summer classes by grade, session, and category
- clean, modern design
- on-site training and quick reference guides complete with step-by-step instructions and screenshots for faculty and staff
1.2012, updated 9.2014