Gateway School is an accredited K-8 independent school in Santa Cruz, CA.
In 2016, Gateway School wanted to modernize its website by making it responsive and mobile-friendly. After delivering a completely customized and feature-rich website for Gateway School in 2011 (for details about the 2011 project, click HERE), ZapTuba built a responsive, flexible, modern theme, integrating the post types and features designed specifically to accommodate faculty and staff workflow at Gateway School.
- modern, mobile-friendly responsive design
- custom WordPress theme featuring extensive implementation of custom shortcodes, post types, and taxonomies
- empower the administrative staff to make content and layout changes by widget-izing and shortcoding many of the features that used to be hard-coded into the custom WordPress theme from 2011
- introduce more compelling news & events feed on the home page
- improve the parent, student, and faculty dashboards to focus on the most relevant information and links
Yoko Nakagawa is a certified professional life coach, who specializes in helping those who work in high-tech and startup environments, particularly those in product development and engineering roles.
Yoko wanted an easy-to-maintain, easy-to-update, bilingual (Japanese and English) website to showcase her coaching & consulting business. Since Yoko did not want to spend too much time worrying about the nitty-gritty details of her website (hosting, updating, security, etc.), ZapTuba recommended that she consider a web-hosting service with an integrated website builder and management tools, such as Squarespace and Weebly. After test-driving multiple services, Yoko chose Weebly for their confirmed double-byte support and easy-to-use website management tools. ZapTuba took it from there: setting up Yoko’s website on Weebly, choosing a base theme and then customizing the theme, catering to Yoko’s tastes and needs.
Yoko was also looking for a simple, modern logo to represent her business online and in print. To highlight Yoko’s biculturalism, ZapTuba wanted to design a logo that incorporated both the meaning of Yoko’s name in Japanese and the representation of her name in English. In Japanese, the name Yoko consists of 2 Kanji characters – 葉子. ZapTuba combined the meaning of 葉 (leaf) and Yoko’s first initial, to design a clean, graphic logo.
- Logo design
- Weebly theme customization
- Content editing and curation
Liz Crain is a ceramic artist, who specializes in creating ceramic pieces disguised as vintage, rusty metal cans.
In anticipation of her exhibit 99 bottles of beer on the wall (May 2015 @ Roscoe Ceramic Gallery), showcasing her series of ceramic beer cans, Liz wanted to modernize her website and blog. ZapTuba designed and implemented a modern, clean, responsive website which showcases Liz’s portfolio of “more than meets the eye” ceramic vessels and highlights Liz’s journey with ceramics through her blog.
In October 2015, we premiered the online shop which carry an array of her pieces for sale.
- create a logo for use on the website
- customize the look & feel using a combination of a custom child theme and the customization options offered by a third-party WordPress theme chosen by Liz
- implement custom post types catered to the information Liz posts on her website
- integrate WooCommerce to power Liz’s online shop
- curate the contents for the website
- setup and integrate MailChimp & Postmark for email campaigns
- design and prepare production files for collateral marketing print material
4.2015, updated 10.2015
Jenni Ward is a sculptor, art instructor and owner of Earth Art Studio.
Starting from Jenni’s idea to add an online shop to her existing Flash-based website, this project evolved into re-engineering her whole website to ensure a cohesive experience and an easy-to-maintain website. The result is a modern, clean, responsive website which showcases Jenni Ward’s portfolio of amazing ceramic sculptures and features an online shop.
- modernize the logo for use on the website
- customize the look & feel using a combination of a custom child theme and the customization options offered by the original WordPress-powered WooTheme
- unify the responsive gallery and device-friendly swipe-able lightbox experience to showcase her portfolio and the products in the online shop
- MailChimp setup & integration
- design and prepare production files for marketing print material and assets (wholesale sheets and art heart tags)
Michael Cinque is a photographer specializing in street photography, capturing life’s everyday events which most people pass by without noticing.
Having established his collections of photographs on SmugMug, Michael wanted a stylized unobtrusive online gallery to showcase his photographs. The result is a modern, minimalist online portfolio of Michael’s photographs.
- logo design
- website customization using HTML & CSS within the new SmugMug framework (2013)
- custom Tumblr theme to coincide with the style of the client’s website
- design and manage production of business cards
11.2009, updated 9.2014
Organized Lives provides professional organizing services for home and office.
Sherie L’Heureux of Organized Lives wanted a simple website to highlight her professional organizing services. ZapTuba designed branding and delivered a responsive, clean website which reflects the serenity that comes from having everything in its place.
- establish the color, font and style for the Organized Lives brand
- create a custom WordPress theme incorporating custom post types for easy management of testimonials
- design and manage the production of new business cards to reflect the new Organized Lives brand
Chef Jamie Smith is a professional chef, child nutrition advocate, and proprietor of FoodSmith, creating nutrient-rich meals for families and working adults.
- logo design
- website design
- custom responsive WordPress theme with custom post types andwidgets
- researched and integrated a solution for Chef Jamie to easily share his recipes with his audience
Santa Cruz County Builders is a contractor specializing in residential remodels and client satisfaction.
ZapTuba designed and delivered a website powered by a custom WordPress theme to showcase the craftsmanship of Santa Cruz County Builders and their trusted partners throughout their many years of successful remodeling and construction projects.
- adapt existing logo for use on the website
- custom post types for easy management of testimonials and partners