Gateway School is an accredited K-8 independent school in Santa Cruz, CA.
In 2016, Gateway School wanted to modernize its website by making it responsive and mobile-friendly. After delivering a completely customized and feature-rich website for Gateway School in 2011 (for details about the 2011 project, click HERE), ZapTuba built a responsive, flexible, modern theme, integrating the post types and features designed specifically to accommodate faculty and staff workflow at Gateway School.
In November 2018, we updated the website with new content, a subtle style refresh, and adapted the content-rich Admissions and Giving pages to a long-scroll design.
- modern, mobile-friendly responsive design
- custom WordPress theme featuring extensive implementation of custom shortcodes, post types, and taxonomies
- empower the administrative staff to make content and layout changes by widget-izing and shortcoding many of the features that used to be hard-coded into the custom WordPress theme from 2011
- introduce more compelling news & events feed on the home page
- improve the parent, student, and faculty dashboards to focus on the most relevant information and links
- implement customizable action bars to highlight Admissions and Giving events and news. (updated 11.2018)<
8.2016, updated 11.2018