Gateway School is an accredited K-8 independent school in Santa Cruz, CA.
In 2016, Gateway School wanted to modernize its website by making it responsive and mobile-friendly. After delivering a completely customized and feature-rich website for Gateway School in 2011 (for details about the 2011 project, click HERE), ZapTuba built a responsive, flexible, modern theme, integrating the post types and features designed specifically to accommodate faculty and staff workflow at Gateway School.
Beginning in November 2018, we began updating the website with new content, a subtle style refresh, and adapted the content-rich Admissions and Giving pages to a long-scroll design.
- modern, mobile-friendly responsive design
- custom WordPress theme featuring extensive implementation of custom shortcodes, post types, taxonomies, and widgets
- empower the administrative staff to make content and layout changes by widget-izing and shortcoding many of the features that used to be hard-coded into the custom WordPress theme from 2011
- introduce a dynamic news & events feed on the home page
- improve the parent, student, and faculty dashboards to focus on the most relevant information and links
- implement customizable action bars to highlight Admissions and Giving events and news. (updated 11.2018)
- ongoing website content updates and maintenance
8.2016, updated 11.2018